Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about MuniSight's Mobile Application.
What are the hardware requirements?
- MuniSight mobile runs on Android and iOS operating systems. Any hardware that uses these operating systems can be used to run MuniSight Mobile.
How do I login?
- Download & install the application
- If Android: go to Google Play Store
- If iOS: Go to App store
- Use your Webmap credentials
- login using your webmap credentials (username & password)
I have access to multiple GIS sites, how do I change which site I am viewing?
- Login to the application
- After login, if the user does in fact have access to multiple sites, then they will be prompted to choose which site they want to visit
- Switching to another site
- User must log-out and then log back in.
How much cellphone data, does the application use?
- There is a large variance in application data usage. If a user wishes to minimize the amount of cellphone data usage, it is recommended that they operate MuniSight mobile, while connected to wireless internet services (wi-fi).
Can the public access the mobile application?
- This functionality is not included in the current application but is being considered for future releases.
How do I view a GIS layer?
- GIS layers can be turned on by using the MuniSight Mobile Menu.
How do I view information or details about a feature on the GIS map?
- You can click on GIS features, using the Feature Selection Tool.
I want to collect asset locations in the field.
- You can add assets to your GIS using the Collection Tool.
I want to collect a new set of assets in the field.
- Assets can only be collected when there is a corresponding GIS layer.
- If you want to create a new type of asset to be collected in MuniSight Mobile, then you must first create the GIS layer in Webmap.
How do I sync my MuniSight Mobile application, with Webmap?
- MuniSight mobile will automatically synchronize its data with Webmap when it has internet access, via wireless internet (wi-fi) or cellphone coverage.
How do I log-out?
- Users can logout by accessing the application’s settings page.
- Access the MuniSight Mobile Menu
- Click on the gear icon, at the bottom of the menu
- Select “Logout”
What information does the application collect about me?
- User privacy is very important to MuniSight. Please consult MuniSight’s privacy guideline for additional information about how MuniSight uses User Information.