The following guide will assist in completing a search within Webmap. There are many types of searches available, this will cover the most common searches.
- Search for criteria such as owner, land parcel, landmark, an address, legal location, roll numbers and information within a description.
- In the searches tab on the left, select smart search under the search group down drop.
- Type in the search criteria in the text box, the search can include either numerical values or letters. Select the applicable item from the search criteria window.
- Click Search and the map will zoom to and mark the particular item. Hover over the item for more information.
- Select parcel in the search group drop down.
- Under type, select to search by the municipal roll number or the provincial LINC number.
- Input the numerical value in the Roll # or LINC # field.
- The search options all the user to add a buffer at a specific distance or export the information. For example, the owner and property information could be selected to mail information out. Click Search.
- The parcel as well as adjacent landowners will be highlighted on the map. The adjacent landowners are defined by the selected buffer.
- The exported information or map can be downloaded in a CSV file format.
- Turn on imagery or different map layers before the search is complete, so that they are included in the map image export.
- Search for landmarks based on the drop down list.
- A list of locations will generated based on the landmark type.
- Search for a specific intersection using the transportation search group and the intersection or the Find Road search type. In this example an intersection search type is used.
- Input the two road names to define the intersection search.
- This is useful to add a routing point.
- Use the shapes to select parcels of land.
- Add a buffer to select adjacent landowners.
- Useful to notify landowners in the case of road work. Define the road using the line by drawing a rectangle that contains the road. This will highlight all the parcels of land adjacent to the road.
- The same export option is available as parcel searches.
Clear the Search
- Use the refresh button to remove any searches from the map.