The following guide will outline security permissions, creating new users and modifying roles. PD administrators can view or edit users and roles.
STEP 1: Access Security
- Security is where users and their permissions can be defined.
- Click Security, represented by the People-icon, in the top right corner of the window.
STEP 2: Manage Users
- The Users tab contains a list of all the people who have access to PD.
- Add a new user.
- Click Add New.
- Populate the fields.
- The Name and Title fields will appear in letter and reports.
- It is recommended that PD and Webmap credentials match.
- Click the change password link to enter a password and then click done.
- Double click on the role you want to assign to the user to move it from the left field to the right.
- Click Save.
- To modify or delete a user, click on edit user, update the information and click OK to modify or Delete to remove the entry.
- Note: If a user is assigned to applications or setup information in PD, when that user is deleted, that user will be archived.
STEP 3: Manage Roles
- The Roles tab contains a list of permissions defined for PD users.
- Create a new role
- Click Add.
- Enter a role in the name field. (E.g. Admin, Editor, Viewer)
- Check the permissions to assign to the role.
- Double click on the user you want to assign to the role to move him/her from the left field to the right.
- Click Save.
- To modify or delete a role, click on edit role, update the information and click OK to modify or Delete to remove the entry.